Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Grand Challenges Explorations
The Bill & Melinda Gates foundation and their partners are inviting grant proposals for the following Grand challenges for health initiatives.
Grand Challenges Explorations: Innovations for Improving the Impact of Health Campaigns seeks innovative solutions that accelerate the improvement of coverage, reach, efficiency, and effectiveness of campaign-based delivery of health interventions. Initial grants of USD $100,000 will be awarded, and applications are only two pages, with no preliminary data required. Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any type of organization, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organizations and for-profit companies. Application deadline is Wednesday, November 13, 2019 11:30 am PST.
In addition, there is a request for proposals from their partners:
Opening Influenza Research, a partnership between the Flu Lab, the Center for Open Science, and PLoS, seeks to promote the availability of negative results, null results, and replications of important findings. Application deadline is November 30, 2019.
- The Flu Lab partnered with the Gates foundation on Ending the Pandemic Threat: A Grand Challenge for Universal Influenza Vaccine Development, which was launched in 2018 and has awarded seven grants to date.