Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Sector Innovation Program (Intake 6) eDNA
Genome BC’s Sector Innovation Program has launched a new intake – Intake 6 (SIP6), focusing on environmental DNA (eDNA). This competition aims to support genomics research which will address gaps in eDNA analyses that pose barriers to extract and utilize environmental information. Specifically, research supported through this call will focus on the development and validation of eDNA techniques, standards and methods to drive and facilitate the adoption of eDNA by industry and government organizations.
- Project budget must be in the range of $75K to $250K,
- Project term must be in the range of 12 to 24 months,
- Project Leaders who are leading an active project funded through the Sector Innovation Program are eligible to apply to SIP6, and
- The Project Leader and Co-Project Leader(s) cannot be listed in a leadership role (Project Leader/Co-Project Leader) on more than one Statement of Interest (SOI) submitted to this intake.
The Project Leader is an academic researcher based at one of the following types of BC institutions: (1) post-secondary institutions or their affiliated hospitals or research institutes; (2) laboratories of federal government departments or agencies, including regional health authorities; or (3) non-governmental, not-for-profit organizations (including community or charitable organizations) with an explicit research or knowledge translation mandate.
Oct 30: Statement of Interest (SOI) No SFU signature sheet required.
Dec 12: Application Deadline. SFU Signature Sheet and full application due to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 business days before agency deadline. Please see agency website for more info.