Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
RTO/ERO Foundation Call for proposal - Understanding and Addressing Isolation and Loneliness in Family & Friend Caregivers of Seniors
In preparation for its next round of funding, the RTO/ERO Foundation is seeking expressions of interest for projects that advance our collective knowledge about the impact of social isolation and loneliness on unpaid (family and friend) caregivers of seniors (65+) in Canada; and/or that evaluate innovative interventions to improve their social engagement and mental health.
The Foundation will award four grants of $25,000 each for well qualified projects.
Areas of focus:
- Advancing our understanding of how social isolation and loneliness impact the health and well-being of unpaid caregivers;
- Focusing on different types of caregivers such as elderly, multi-generational, indigenous, LGBTQ+ and immigrants;
- Focusing on caregivers of special needs recipients, such as those who are managing frailty or dementia;
- Focusing on specific geographic areas: urban, small community, rural or remote settings;
- Bringing researchers and communities together to find practical and innovative solutions to the challenges of isolation and loneliness for caregivers and their care recipients.
- Funds must be received and administered by a registered Canadian charity
- Academic researchers are encouraged to join forces with community organizations to apply evidence to real life situations
- Projects must receive ethics approval prior to funds being distributed
- Applications are welcome from anywhere in Canada
- For projects being conducted in French, all applications must be submitted in English
For more information, visit the website
Expressions of interest will be accepted until midnight EST on Sunday, January 19, 2020. Top scoring applicants will be invited to submit full proposals by January 31, 2020. Deadline for detailed proposals will be Sunday, April 6, 2020 at 12:00am.
For a detailed document regarding 2019 Call for proposal, please contact email@example.com.