Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
The MSFHR Scholar Program is designed to attract and foster the development of outstanding health researchers in BC. The intent of our Scholar awards is to allow early career researchers to establish an independent research career, build a leading research program, and expand their potential to make significant contributions to their field. The Scholar Program achieves this by providing funding support to a portion of the award recipients’ salaries to protect their time for health research activities.
At the time of the application, applicants must:
- Have a PhD, or equivalent, and commit to a minimum of 75% of their time conducting research
- Hold an appointment at, or have a commitment for an appointment that will begin by the award start date of July 1, 2020
- Be affiliated with a BC host institution that holds a memorandum of understanding with MSFHR
- Be within five years from the start of their first university appointment (at an assistant professor level, or equivalent) OR be within five years of obtaining a PhD, as of the full application deadline, February 7, 2020, whichever comes last
- Not currently hold, or have ever held an MSFHR Health Professional-Investigator, Innovation to Commercialization, Scholar award, in whole or in part
The budget envelope for this funding opportunity is $5,850,000, enough to fund at least 13 scholars over the total term of the award. The Scholar award provides salary support at $90,000 per annum for up to a term of five years.
Two-step application process:
Nov 29, 2019: LOI Deadline. Applicant (not ORS) submits LOI to agency.
Feb 7, 2020: Application Deadline. SFU signature sheet is due to email@example.com and full application needs to be in the submit mode by this date. SFU's official deadline for submission is February 13, 2020.