Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Genome BC Sector Innovation Program (SIP) (Intake 7)
The focus of this intake is Single-Cell Omics, which includes single-cell genomics, epigenomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, proteogenomics, metabolomics, lipidomics, immunogenomics and bioinformatics, as well as the technologies enabling these single-cell omics approaches.
Genome BC hopes to fund novel, innovative projects from a variety of sectors that will truly advance the field.This intake is open to proposals focused on any of the sectors supported by Genome BC: human health, forestry, fisheries and aquaculture, agriculture and agri-foods, mining, energy and environment.
- The Project Leader for this intake cannot have served as the Project Leader on a funded Genome BC or Genome Canada project; this criterion does not apply to the Co-Project Leader(s) for this intake.
- Co-Project Leaders and Co-applicants from funded Genome BC or Genome Canada projects are welcome to apply as a Project Leader in this intake
- Additional eligibility requirements are outlined in the program guidelines
The funding envelope for this intake is $1 million. Project funding available is in the range of $75,000 to $250,000.
Two-step application process:
Feb 11, 2020: SOI Deadline. SFU signature sheet is not required at this stage. Applicant (not ORS) submits SOI to agency.
May 20, 2020: Extended Application Deadline. SFU signature sheet and a copy of full application are due to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 business days before agency deadline. Applicant (not ORS) submits application to agency.
Given the current situation with COVID-19 and the related closure of many institutions and disruptions to many work schedules, we have decided to extend the application deadline for the Sector Innovation Program – Intake 7. This will delay the notification of results, but we think that it is the best choice given the current challenges.
*Reminder: Based on the revision of Postdoctoral fellow(PDF) policy (R50.03), please continue to include 14% of PDF benefit in all your proposal budgets.