Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Science Communication Skills grant (pilot)
The Science Communication Skills grant (pilot) supports organizations providing science communication skills training to students, fellows, and faculty in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) from Canadian postsecondary institutions. Organizations may request up to $20,000 in funding for a one year period.
Training supported by the pilot grant will educate students and researchers in STEM on how to effectively communicate science to the public.
NSERC encourages organizations to consider the needs of official-language minority communities in their area while developing activities, and to strive to have official documentation and promotional materials available in both official languages.
Eligible activities include
- training workshops in science communication skills
- mentorship activities
- conferences, symposia or webinars
- development of resources in tandem with delivery
Funds may be used for new activities or for improvements to content or delivery of existing activities. Training linked to course-work requirements (i.e., degree or diploma programs) is not eligible.
If you are a Canadian
- registered non-profit organization
- postsecondary institution
- non-federal museum or science centre
you can apply for the pilot grant. You should have experience in science communication skills training.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2020.
Digital Technology Supercluster | Technology | Engineering | Information and Computing Science | Agricultural and Vet Science | Biology | Environmental Sciences | Earth Sciences | Chemistry | Physics | Mathematics