Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
NHLBI - Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Availability of Administrative Supplements and Revision Supplements on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) is issuing this Notice of Special Interest (NOSI) to highlight the urgent need for research on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and on biological effects of its causative agent, the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Topics of specific interest to NHLBI include host response, associations with heart, lung, and blood (HLB) diseases, potential impacts on transfusion safety, and clinical outcomes of infected individuals.
How to Apply
Applications in response to this NOSI must be submitted using one of the following target opportunities or subsequent reissued equivalent:
- PA-18-591 - Administrative Supplements to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Parent Admin Supp Clinical Trial Optional)
- PA-18-935 Urgent Competitive Revision to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Urgent Supplement - Clinical Trial Optional)
Applications that involve a change in scope (e.g., the addition of human subjects or children to a grant that has not been previously so coded and approved, the addition of vertebrate animals to a grant that has not been previously so coded and approved) mustapply through PA-18-935 . Eligible activity codes for applications to PA-18-935 are limited to the following mechanisms: P01, R00, R01, R03, R15, R21, R33, R35, R41, R42, R43, R44, R61, U01, U24, U54, UG3, UH3, UM1.
To be eligible for either an Administrative Supplement or Urgent Competitive Revision, the parent award on which the supplement or revision application is based must:
- be an active NHLBI award (i.e., not be in an extension period) at the time the supplement or revision is awarded, and
- have sufficient time left to complete the studies proposed after the supplement or revision has been awarded within the existing project period.
All instructions in the SF424 (R&R) Application Guide and in the target funding opportunity announcement (PA-18-591 or PA-18-935) must be followed. Investigators planning to submit an application in response to this NOSI are strongly encouraged to contact and discuss their proposed research/aims with Program staff listed on the website well in advance of the grant receipt date to better determine appropriateness and interest of the NHLBI.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis from March 17, 2020 through October 5, 2020 by 5:00 PM local time of the applicant organization. This NOSI expires on October 6, 2020. An application submitted in response to this NOSI that is received on October 6, 2020 or later will be withdrawn.
*Application in the "submit" mode and SFU signature sheet are due to email@example.com no later than 3 business days prior to the deadline. 8% of direct costs should be included in the budget as indirect costs for the project.