Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Globalink Research Internship (GRI)
The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is a competitive initiative for international undergraduates from the following countries and regions: Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, India, Mexico, Tunisia, United Kingdom, USA, and Ukraine. From May to October of each year, top-ranked applicants participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
The call for faculty proposals for the summer of 2021 is now open.
Professors can submit projects on https://globalink.mitacs.ca/ until June 10, 2020, at 1 p.m. PT.
Globalink cycle and important dates:
- April to June 2020: Professors submit research projects to Mitacs. All accepted projects are made available to student applicants in an online database. Professor project proposals are due June 10, 2020, by 1 p.m. PT, for 2021 Globalink Research Internships.
- July to September 2020: International students submit applications and select research projects from the online database. Mitacs conducts an eligibility review of student applications
- October to December 2020: Mitacs provides professors with proposed student candidates for their project. Mitacs collects students and professor rankings, then finalizes offers to students. Final results are announced in January.
- January to April 2021: Successful students start working with their Canadian host professors to arrange pre-internship details (e.g., reading to be completed beforehand) while Mitacs oversees logistics and coordinates with university administrative offices.
- May to October 2021: Globalink Research Interns arrive in Canada and work with supervising professors for 12 weeks on their research project.
More information can be found on the website.
*SFU Signature Sheet and full application due to email@example.com 3 business days prior to the deadline. Applicant (not ORS) submits the application to the agency.
International Development | Technology | Engineering | Information and Computing Science | Agricultural and Vet Science | Biology | Environmental Sciences | Earth Sciences | Chemistry | Physics | Mathematics | Medical and Health Science | Policy and Political Science | Indigenous Studies | Philosophy and Religious Studies | History and Archaeology | Language, Communications and Culture | Law and Legal Studies | Psychology | Human Society | Economics | Education | Built Environment and Design | Research Tools | Arts, Culture and Performance | Business and Management