Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Advancing Indigenous Gender Equality
The Indigenous Innovation Initiative is looking for bold ideas that will advance equality for First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples across Canada. Approaches must be grounded in Indigenous ways of knowing and apply a gender lens. Projects led by Indigenous women and 2SLGBTTQQIA+ innovators will be given priority.
Eligible applicants can be:
1. Canadian not-for-profit corporations, partnerships, associations, and trusts;
2. Canadian for-profit corporations, partnerships, sole proprietorships, associations, and trusts, if the nature of the funded activity is non-commercial and not intended to generate a profit;
3. Indigenous governments, including band councils, tribal councils, and self-government entities and their agencies, however organized located in Canada;
Grants can be up to $250,000 for a funding period of up to 24 months (2 years).
Two-step Application Process:
Jun 9, 2020: Expression of Interest Deadline. SFU Signature Sheet is not required at this stage. Applicants (not ORS) submit EOI to the agency.
Aug 7, 2020: Full Proposal Deadline. SFU Signature Sheet and full proposal due to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 business days prior to the deadline. Applicants (not ORS) submit applications via agency's portal.
Reminder: Based on the revision of Postdoctoral fellow (PDF) policy (R50.03), please continue to include 14% of PDF benefit in all your proposal budgets.