Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Fulbright Canada Research Chairs Program
Fulbright Canada Research Chairs are intended for Canadian citizens who are exceptional scholars and/or experienced professionals who wish to conduct research and/or lecture in the United States.
Fulbright Canada Research Chairs are pre-arranged affiliations that allow scholars to conduct research/lecture on subjects important to that university. Partner universities are excited to welcome the Fulbright Visiting Chairs into campus life and encourage them to engage with students, faculty, and the broader community. Fulbright Visiting Research Chairs can guest lecture in university courses, mentor students, lecture in public venues, network, and promote their research, while representing the Fulbright program, and their home and host institutions.
- Be a Canadian citizen (Permanent residence is not sufficient).
- Hold a Ph.D. or equivalent professional/terminal degree as appropriate. Candidates outside academia (e.g., professionals, artists) with recognized professional standing and substantial professional accomplishments.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be in compliance with all J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) guidelines.
- Be in compliance with all governmental regulations regarding visas, immigration, travel and residence.
APPLICANTS MUST NOT
- Be a dual U.S.-Canadian citizen.
- Hold permanent residency status in the United States.
- Reside in the United States.
- Have resided abroad for five or more consecutive years in the six year period immediately preceding the date of application. A period of nine months or more during a calendar year is considered to constitute a full year abroad.
The award values range from US$25,000 to US$50,000 and from four to nine months. Awards typically begin in either September 2021 or January 2022.
Fulbright Canada Research Chairs Program is now accepting applications for awards to be taken up in the 2021-2022 Academic Year. Applications are accepted until November 15, 2020.
Canadian applicants interested in applying for Traditional and Research Chair Fulbright Scholar awards are asked to complete an online application.
*Applicant (not ORS) submits the application to the agency. SFU Signature Sheet is not required for this opportunity.
Medical and Health Science | Digital Technology Supercluster | Technology | Engineering | Information and Computing Science | Agricultural and Vet Science | Biology | Environmental Sciences | Earth Sciences | Chemistry | Physics | Mathematics | Policy and Political Science | Indigenous Studies | Philosophy and Religious Studies | History and Archaeology | Language, Communications and Culture | Law and Legal Studies | Psychology | Human Society | Economics | Education | Built Environment and Design | Research Tools | Arts, Culture and Performance | Business and Management