Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Treat Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) Fund
Up to $2,000,000 based on stage and scope of the trial. For studies requiring additional support, co-funding from other funding agencies or investors is encouraged. Payment structure will be negotiated and based on milestone achievements and patient enrollment.
Funding is open to researchers and clinicians worldwide at:
- Academic medical centers, universities or non-profits. Industry partnerships are encouraged.
- Biotechnology companies. Funding is provided through mission-related investments that require return on investment based upon scientific and/or business milestones. Existing companies and new startups are eligible.
Applicants will first submit a letter of intent (LOI) that includes brief information about the proposed mechanism or mode of action, the drug, supporting data, biomarkers and proposed clinical trial features. The top LOIs will be invited to submit a full proposal that includes a clinical trial protocol, budget, team biosketches and business documents, if applicable. Applications will be reviewed confidentially by a panel of FTD experts. Applicants may expect to receive recommended revisions to their workplan or clinical trial design as part of the review process. In some circumstances, applicants may be offered access to a consultant with industry experience.
Letter of Intent: February 5th
Full Proposal: March 19th
Website: Treat FTD Fund
SFU Signature Sheet and Application forms due to ORS 3 days before application deadline.