Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Scotiabank Net Zero Research Fund
As part of its continued efforts to combat climate change, Scotiabank has established a Net Zero Research Fund (NZRF) to initiate partnerships with leading think-tanks and academic institutions that are supporting key sectors in their efforts to decarbonize. The CAD $1,000,000 fund will advance research and leadership in support of global decarbonization efforts.
To further the understanding of pathways to a net zero global economy, Scotiabank has established the NZRF to:
• Stimulate research, dialogue and understanding of the shift to a net zero emissions global economy by 2050 or sooner in order to achieve the objectives of the Paris Agreement
• Identify initiatives that require investment to accelerate adoption or scale of application
• Strengthen relationships between academic and non-profit research institutes and the corporate sector through collaboration and knowledge sharing
• Continue to inform the Bank’s climate change strategy and views on the transition to a net zero global economy
Eligibility: To be eligible for funding through the Scotiabank NZRF, partner organizations must be registered not-for-profit or charitiable organizations in their jurisdiction.
Amount: Scotiabank will award grants from a minimum of $25,000 CAD up to a maximum of $100,000 CAD through this 2021 call for applicants. Any funds not granted through this process will be awarded through a second call for proposals expected in April 2022.
Deadline: Both full and summary applications must be completed and submitted for review to NetZeroResearchFund@scotiabank.com by Friday July 2, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST.
SFU signature sheet is due to ORS (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 3 business days before company deadline.