Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Assessing Net Zero Tech for GHG Abatement in Mining Facilities
The Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy is seeking proposals from qualified proponents in response to this Request for Proposals. This project is to comprehensively assess the range of emissions abatement technologies able to be deployed at specific mining facilities in BC and identify technology pathways that support emissions reductions in the mining sector consistent with the Province's goals of reducing emissions by 40% below 2007 levels by 2030 and achieving net zero emissions by 2050.
This study will require the proponent to:
- Gather baseline information on GHG emissions in the mining sector
- Engage with BC mining facilities and technology providers to complete an assessment of all GHG emissions abatement technologies applicable to metallurgical coal and metals mines
- Identify technology pathways that would allow the BC mining sector to align with the Province's 2030 emissions reduction target and the 2050 net zero target.
- Complete a jurisdictional scan of similar mining facilities outside of BC and Canada and provide a summary of projects where GHG emissions abatement technologies have been either been adopted or are under trial and consideration.
- Provide recommendations for near-term stakeholder actions needed to embark on the GHG emissions abatement technology pathways.
Deadline: Proposals must be received before 12:00 PM (PST) on July 5, 2021
Website: Document Summary (gov.bc.ca)