Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
MITACS Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowships
MITACS Elevate is a postdoctoral fellowship with an exclusive professional development curriculum component. Fellows address complex challenges through:
- A two-year research project with a partner organization in need of high-level expertise
- A professional development curriculum that prepares Elevate fellows for success as leaders in research and industry
Fellows progress through the program in a cohort, giving them cross-disciplinary networking and peer-learning opportunities they might not have otherwise in their careers.
Over the two-year fellowship, fellows divide their time between their partner organization's project and academic institution-based research with their academic supervisor.
SPRING 2022 THEMATIC CALL
For Elevate thematic funding opportunity, a total research grant of $80,000 per year is available for projects addressing at least one of the key priority sectors of agriculture and food, artificial intelligence, biomanufacturing, clean technology, entertainment and media, quantum science, or social innovation. Mitacs is also offering enhanced funding ratios through our Indigenous Pathways program. More details about the key priority sectors can be found here.
- Fellows receive a $70,000 minimum annual stipend/salary and an exclusive professional development curriculum valued at $4,000 per year
- Partner organizations contribute $40,000 per year
- Proposal assistance, including application feedback, from Mitacs representatives
- Certificate of completion after receipt of their exit survey and final report submission
For more information, please visit the website.
- Only supporting documentation resulting from SFU’s COI disclosure process should be submitted at the same time when the application is submitted. MITACS’ COI declaration form is not required. Academic Supervisors’ COIs are evaluated during the application review period and outcomes of both application and COI disclosure process are issued together.
Academic Supervisor and Partner Organization Contact cannot be the same person.
- Elevate – MITACS’ COI declaration form is due to four weeks ahead of submission of the full application.
SFU’s COI disclosure process still applies here, regardless of the separate COI disclosure process determined by the sponsor.
Internal Deadline: June 29, 2022 at 5pm PT
Sponsor's Deadline: July 6, 2022 at 5pm PT
SFU Signature Sheet and fully signed proposal are due to email@example.com no later than June 29, 2022 at 5pm PT. Applicant (not ORS) submits the application package to the sponsor. Please follow the submission instructions available here. There is no overhead for MITACS applications.
Technology | Physics | Mathematics | Information and Computing Science | Environmental Sciences | Engineering | Earth Sciences | Chemistry | Biology | Agricultural and Vet Science | Medical and Health Science | Psychology | Philosophy and Religious Studies | Law and Legal Studies | Language, Communications and Culture | Indigenous Studies | Human Society | History and Archaeology | Education | Economics | Business and Management | Built Environment and Design | Arts, Culture and Performance | International Development | Research Tools | Policy and Political Science