Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Globalink Research Award
The Mitacs Globalink Research Award provides $6,000 for senior undergraduate and graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows in Canada to conduct 12–24-week research projects at universities overseas.
Students and postdoctoral fellows:
- Must be registered as full-time senior undergraduates, graduate students, or postdoctoral fellows at a Canadian university and remain as such throughout their Globalink Research Award. Postdoctoral fellows may apply if their date of graduation from a PhD program is no more than 5 years prior to the proposed start date of the research project
- Cannot undertake a research project at an institution where they have previously completed a degree
- Cannot undertake a research project in a country where they hold citizenship (unless they are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada).
- Must be the legal age of majority in Canada (18 years of age or older)
- Must meet travel requirements for their intended destination, including visa and/or immigration requirements and associated documentation
- Cannot hold more than one Globalink Research Award per academic lifetime
- Cannot have previously held a Mitacs-JSPS Summer Program award
Undergraduate applicants completing their first post-secondary degree must have completed their second year of studies prior to departure. All applicants enrolled in an undergraduate degree must have maintained a B average in their two most recent semesters prior to application. This average can be cumulative over the two semesters.
Home supervising professors:
- Must hold a faculty position at a Canadian university
- Must be eligible to hold Tri-Council funding and to supervise graduate students
Host supervising professors:
- Must be recognized faculty members at their institutions
- Must be eligible to host graduate students
List of eligible countries and more information on the application, can be found on the website.
*SFU Signature Sheet and full application due to email@example.com 3 business days prior to submission to the agency.
Technology | Physics | Mathematics | Information and Computing Science | Environmental Sciences | Engineering | Earth Sciences | Chemistry | Biology | Agricultural and Vet Science | Language, Communications and Culture | Indigenous Studies | Human Society | History and Archaeology | Education | Economics | Business and Management | Built Environment and Design | Arts, Culture and Performance | Law and Legal Studies | Philosophy and Religious Studies | Psychology | Research Tools | Medical and Health Science | Policy and Political Science