Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Health Professional-Investigator Competition
- Be actively and directly involved in patient care and hold a role which includes making clinical judgements/decisions.
- Commit to spending a minimum of 50% of their time conducting research for the duration of the award.
- Be based in BC and affiliated with a BC host institution that has a signed MoU with MSFHR to administer the award funds for the duration of the HP-I award.
- Not have applied for a 2020 Scholar award.
- Not currently hold, or have previously held an MSFHR Health Professional-Investigator or Scholar award, or currently hold an MSFHR Innovation to Commercialization award.
- Award term: Up to five years
New for the 2020 competition: two separate applicant streams have been introduced, which will be evaluated independently from one another: a physician stream and a non-physician stream. Applicants must select the most applicable stream according to the additional criteria that can be found on the agency's website.
MSFHR and Mitacs are partnering together to provide applicants access to additional funding and training opportunities for graduate students and post-doctorals involved in an HP-I applicant’s program of research.
Applicants who are successful in the HP-I competition and who have submitted a Mitacs Accelerate Proposal application are eligible for this expedited review process for additional Mitacs funding. If applicants are interested in applying for Mitacs Accelerate internship funding, they must contact the appropriate Mitacs Business Development representative to obtain an application.