Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
US Mission to Canada Funding Opportunities
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Canada, U.S. Department of State administers a Public Diplomacy Grants Program. Awards are granted through project-specific Notice of Funding Opportunities (NOFOs). This notice is subject to availability of funding.
PAS Canada invites proposals for programs that promote bilateral cooperation and highlight shared values. All programs must include an American perspective, societal or cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policies and perspectives. Grants available through this program are intended to serve as one-time opportunities that can help launch projects that should be sustainable after the project period is over. They CANNOT be used to support on-going operational costs, construction, scientific research, partisan political activity, trade activities, fund-raising campaigns, or commercial products. Further restrictions may apply.
Department of State grant programs are governed by the Code of Federal Regulations, particularly as found at 2CFR200. Interested applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with applicable requirements. Additional detailed guidance and resources are contained in the NOFOs and are available throughout this section. Please check this page periodically for announcements and updates. All questions about the grants programs should be sent to email@example.com.
List of Funding Opportunities:
Minimum for each award: $15,000
Maximum for each award: $100,000
PAS encourages applications from the U.S. and Canada. U.S. organizations must partner with a Canadian organization. For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply. Cost sharing is not required.
The following organizations or individuals are eligible to apply:
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- U.S. not-for-profit organizations with a partner in Canada
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public international organizations and governmental institutions
- Individuals (note that for-profit organizations are not eligible for this notice of funding opportunity. By extension, this means that an employee or owner of a for-profit organization may not apply as an individual solely to circumvent this restriction. If applying as an individual, you must include in your application an explanation of why you are uniquely qualified as an individual applicant).
Psychology | Physics | Mathematics | Information and Computing Science | Environmental Sciences | Engineering | Earth Sciences | Chemistry | Biology | Research Tools | Policy and Political Science | Philosophy and Religious Studies | Law and Legal Studies | Education | International Development | Language, Communications and Culture | Economics | COVID-19 Related | Business and Management | Arts, Culture and Performance