Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Call for interest – CIHR’s Standing Committee on Institutes
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is seeking members for its new Standing Committee on Institutes. The committee will have a diverse membership made up of nationally and internationally recognized health research leaders who will provide advice and recommendations to Governing Council on matters related to Institutes.
The committee will be composed of 7 to 10 members who will serve three-year terms. CIHR is looking for at least three international researchers and four national researchers, preferably with experience with international health organizations.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates will be assessed for their experience, knowledge and expertise including the following areas:
- serving in a health research leadership role at a national and/or international level
- leadership role(s) within a research funding agency
- leading research strategy and policies
- building national and global collaborations/partnerships
Members from all communities are encouraged to apply, especially those from groups historically underrepresented in research, including Black, Indigenous, and racialized communities; LGBTQ2S+ communities; Francophone communities; and persons with disabilities
How to apply
Interested individuals are invited to apply by sending the following documents to CIHR’s Governance Secretariat: email@example.com.
- a letter of interest (maximum 1000 words), which makes reference to qualifications, expertise, and the perspective they would bring to the work of the Standing Committee on Institutes
- a curriculum vitae; and
- a completed self-identification questionnaire. (All applicants will be asked to complete the self-identification questionnaire upon submission of their application.)
Interested applicants can find more information, including how to apply, on the CIHR website.
If you have any questions, please reach out to CIHR at firstname.lastname@example.org.