Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
NEW - Canada Gairdner Momentum Award
The Canada Gairdner Momentum Award annually recognizes 2 mid-career investigators (typically 10-15 years past their first independent research appointment) working in Canada who in their last 6 active years have produced exceptional scientific research contributions with continued potential for impact on human health. The Gairdner Foundation welcomes submissions from all areas of health research including but not limited to discovery, clinical, global health, and population science and translational research. Candidates can self-nominate or be nominated by others.
Value: Laureates each receive $100,000 CDN that can be put towards anything the laureate wishes.
Eligibility: Successful nominees will have produced a focused, cohesive body of scientific research which has made a significant impact in health research. Consideration will also be given to a nominee’s contributions to the growth and enrichment of the Canadian research community.
The Momentum Award has a two-stage nomination process:
- Initial submissions are due 11:59 pm PST on July 15 each year. Candidates can self-nominate or be nominated by others.
- Applications chosen to progress to the second stage will be notified by August 15 and final submissions are due on October 1 by 11:59 pm PDT
- Recipients will be announced in the spring of the following year.
Note: *If institutional nomination/external expert review is sought (individuals may also nominate themselves or other candidates outside of the institutional process), please submit a candidate suggestion form by the internal deadline to recommend a candidate to the President’s Advisory Committee on Awards, Honours and Prizes. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agency Website: http://gairdner.org/awards/global-health-award/