Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Digital Health Application Grant
Parkinson Canada is pleased to offer the Parkinson’s Digital Health Application Grant as part of its strategic initiative to impact more people throughout their journey with Parkinson’s.
The intent is that successful applicants in this Grant will utilize the funding to enhance and evaluate a digital health app that will engage people living with Parkinson’s and support their approach to wellness by offering education and wellness tracking metrics to empower them to optimize their health.
Proposals will be accepted from applicants who are affiliated with and/or conduct research with the following institutions and organizations (an “Approved Institution”):
- Canadian post-secondary institutions and their affiliated institutions, including hospitals and research institutes;
- Canadian non-governmental not-for-profit organizations (including community or charitable organizations) with an explicit research or knowledge translation mandate; and
- Other organizations, as determined by the Research and Clinical Advisory Committee of the Board of Parkinson Canada, provided that the applicant’s research or research-related activities fall within the mandate of Parkinson Canada
The applicant’s research appointment with his or her Approved Institution must:
- allow the applicant to pursue the proposed research project, to supervise trainees and to publish the results of the research; and
- Require the applicant to conform to institutional regulations concerning the conduct of research, the supervision of research trainees, and the employment conditions of staff paid from the Parkinson Canada grant.
Parkinson Canada will award up to $300,000 over a three-year term to one outstanding applicant who meets the eligibility and review criteria. This funding is non-renewable.
Note: Eligible expenses of this award include operating expenses, technical support staff salaries and equipment costs. Other funding may be used in conjunction with funding from this award. Applicants are prohibited from receiving the payment of a salary, stipend, honorarium, or any similar form of compensation from any Parkinson Canada grant. Funds received from this award cannot be used to cover institutional overhead costs. Funding from this award cannot be used to support post-doctoral fellows or other trainees. Applicants seeking a fellowship to support trainees at a postdoctoral level or clinical level should refer to Parkinson Canada’s Fellowship Program.
Application Deadline (Online Receipt): June 6, 2022 (11:59PM EST)
Notifications of Award: September 19, 2022
Funding Start Date: November 1, 2022
Duration of Award: 3 years (non-renewable)
How to apply
Applicants should contact Parkinson Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org) if they have inquiries about the application process. All applications must be submitted using Parkinson Canada’s electronic grant management system (https://www.parkinsonresearch.ca). Applicants must complete all required application fields in the Parkinson Canada electronic grant application system before 11:59 PM EST on the deadline date.
SFU Signature Sheet is due to ORS 3 business days before the agency deadline.