Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Research Opportunities in Space Science (ROSS) Cycle 2
The Canadian Space Agency (CSA) has published an Announcement of Opportunity (AO) “Research Opportunities in Space Science (ROSS)” supporting Co-Investigator activities in the following scientific disciplines: Atmospheric and Earth System Science, Lunar Gateway/Artemis Science and Technology Utilization, Planetary Exploration and Space Astronomy, and Solar-Terrestrial Science. Prospective applicants should note:
- The ROSS AO is an open AO with five funding cycles over the next five years.
- Only proposals for Co-Investigator activities will be considered for the first funding cycle.
- The maximum value of the grants from the first funding cycle in Lunar Gateway/Artemis Science and Technology Utilization is $225,000 CAD ($75,000 CAD per year for three years).
To be eligible, the applicant must be a Canadian university or post-secondary institution.
The researcher leading these projects must:
- hold a PhD obtained from a recognized institution;
- hold a permanent, term, or contract position at the applicant institution for the duration of the funding agreement. The position may be paid or unpaid. This includes Adjunct Faculty that may be employed by industry.
Note: A Lead Researcher may lead only one (1) ROSS grant at a time
These conditions must be satisfied at the time of application.
Maximum annual funding per grant is $75,000 per year from Category A expenses, up to a total of $225,000. Additional funds may be available for grant agreements eligible for Category B expenses in the amount of $100,000 per year, up to a total of $300,000.
Website: Research Opportunities in Space Science 2022-2027 | Canadian Space Agency (asc-csa.gc.ca)
Deadline: Cycle 2 applications are due July 28, 2023 at 4:00pm EST
Technology | Physics | Mathematics | Environmental Sciences | Engineering | Earth Sciences | Chemistry | Biology | Agricultural and Vet Science | Medical and Health Science