Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
RFP: Research Report on Sexual Victimization and Abuse of Power Among Workers Represented by IATSE 891
IATSE 891 seeks proposals from qualified consultants interested in designing and implementing a research project that will:
- explore the prevalence of sexual victimization (i.e., sexual coercion, sexual violence, and sexual harassment) and abuse of power within our unionized workforce including, but not limited to hiring practices,
- understand the nature and extent of sexual victimization for racialized and at-risk members (e.g., Indigenous individuals, women, 2SLGBTQIA+) within a precarious gig economy based job market, and
- dentify potential approaches to further inform effective prevention and intervention plans within the union’s processes.
This research will inform future research, policy and program development aimed at preventing, tracking, and responding to sexual coercion, violence and abuse within our workforce.
Scope of Services
The Proposal should include the following services in its scope:
- Community engagement process utilizing public meetings with members, stakeholder groups, outreach forums, online surveys, social media, direct interviews with IATSE 891 leadership, membership, and staff as appropriate;
- A detailed methodology for data collection and analysis as a foundation for the report;
- A comprehensive timeline outlining key deliverables and interactions with IATSE 891 leadership;
- A review of relevant existing research with focus on the prevalence and impact of sexual victimization and abuse of power on the Motion Picture Industry’s “below the line workforce” (Above-the-line workers are: actors, directors, producers vs. Below-the-line workers are all others on a production);
- Goals and objectives to support the development of plans for establishing effective prevention measures within the industry and appropriate intervention responses.
- The development of key metrics and communication tools for analyzing progress towards the prevention of sexual victimization and abuse of power.
- A set of recommendations for appropriate implementation measures for IATSE 891, including proposed specific administration policies, guidelines, and education.
Dependent upon proposed methodology, the project should commence within the first quarter of 2023, with the final report to be submitted for approval by June 2023, in order to permit implementation of recommendations to commence on July 1, 2023.
Submission of Proposal
1640 Boundary Rd.
Burnaby, BC V5K 4V4
ATTENTION: IATSE 891 RFP – SEXUAL VICTIMIZATION RESEARCH CONSULTANT
Alternatively, completed proposals may be submitted digitally to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific questions may be directed to: Darroch Campbell, Director Legal & Executive Affairs – 604-789-9550
Submission Deadline: To be considered, completed proposals must be received by February 15, 2023 (5pm PST)
Note: Please contact email@example.com for the details of Request for Proposal.