Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Dorothy Killam Research Fellowships
The Killam Research Fellowships are release time awards that provide support to scholars of exceptional ability who are engaged in research projects of broad significance and widespread interest within the disciplines of the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, health sciences, engineering, or studies linking any of these disciplines.
These fellowships are for early to mid-career scholars (faculty), typically no more than 15 years past completion of a PhD.
Value and Duration
The Dorothy Killam Fellowships are valued at $80,000 CAD per year for a total of up to $160,000 for 2 year
To be considered eligible, you:
- must be a faculty member living and working in Canada at a Canadian institution(s) in the early-to-mid stage in their career (typically no more than 15 years since the completion of a PhD),
- must be employed by a university or other research institute for the duration of the fellowship (2 years) and will submit a proof of employment, and
- may not have already been awarded a fellowship from the Killam Program of the Canada Council for the Arts
How to apply
Complete your fellowship application package. The Dorothy Killam Fellowship application package can be found here: Details · National Killam Program Portal (powerappsportals.com).
Submit your application package to the National Killam Program - National Research Council Canada online portal by 23:59 (applicant’s local time) on June 17, 2022.
***As this Fellowship involves release time, you must seek approval from your School Director/Department Chair in order to apply. Recipients must also obtain support for research and laboratory costs from other sources.
Troubleshooting: if there are any issues with the application site or the Common CV, applicants should email NRC.KillamProgram-ProgrammeKillam.CNRC@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca as soon as possible.
For more information, please contact NRC.KillamProgram-ProgrammeKillam.CNRC@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca or refer to the National Killam Program - National Research Council Canada website.
*Signature sheet and application due to ORS no later than 3 business days in advance of agency deadline. Overhead is 0%. Budget should be listed under RTS (release time stipend).
Arts, Culture and Performance | Business and Management | Economics | Education | History and Archaeology | Human Society | Indigenous Studies | Language, Communications and Culture | Law and Legal Studies | Philosophy and Religious Studies | Medical and Health Science | Agricultural and Vet Science | Biology | Built Environment and Design | Chemistry | Earth Sciences | Engineering | Environmental Sciences | Information and Computing Science | Mathematics | Physics | Psychology | Research Tools | Technology | Policy and Political Science