Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Canada Gairdner International Award
The Canada Gairdner International Award recognizes outstanding researchers whose unique scientific contributions have increased the understanding of human biology and disease and contributed to the relief of human suffering. 5 awarded annually.
Value: Laureates each receive $100,000 CDN that can be put towards anything the laureate wishes.
Eligibility: Nominations in the field of translational research are welcome. The award is intended for seminal bodies of work, not cumulative lifetime achievement.
Note: If institutional nomination/external expert review is sought (individuals may also nominate candidates outside of the institutional process), please submit a candidate suggestion form by the internal deadline to recommend a candidate to the President’s Advisory Committee on Awards, Honours and Prizes. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Agency Website: https://gairdner.org/awards/International-awards/