Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Canada Gairdner International Award
The Canada Gairdner International Award recognizes outstanding researchers whose unique scientific contributions have increased the understanding of human biology and disease. 5 awarded annually.
Value: Laureates each receive $100,000 CDN that can be put towards anything the laureate wishes.
Eligibility: Nominations in the field of translational research are welcome. The award is intended for seminal bodies of work, not cumulative lifetime achievement.
Note: If institutional nomination/external expert review is sought (individuals may also nominate candidates outside of the institutional process), please submit a candidate suggestion form at least three months in advance of the external deadline to recommend a candidate to the President’s Advisory Committee on Awards, Honours and Prizes. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agency Website: https://gairdner.org/awards/International-awards/