Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Royal Society of Canada (RSC) Medals & Awards
Various medals are awarded, some are discipline-specific; not all are awarded annually. Please see agency website for all opportunities. Nominations are put forward by current RSC Fellows.
The 2019 competition will open in the week of January 14, 2019 for the following Medal/Award:
Humanities and Social Sciences:
- Pierre Chauveau Medal - Awarded for a distinguished contribution to knowledge in the Humanities.
- Jason A. Hannah Medal - Awarded for an importnat publication in the history of medicine.
- Yvan Allaire Medal + $5,000 - For outstanding contribution in governance (Social Sciences)
- Henry Marshall Tory Medal - Awarded for outstanding research in any branch of astronomy chemistry, mathematics, physics, or an allied science.
- McLaughlin Medal - For important research of sustained excellence in any branch of medical sciences.
- Miroslaw Romanowski Medal + $3,000- Awarded for contributions towards theresolution of scientific aspects of environmental problems or for important improvements to the quality of an ecosystem in all aspects - terrestrial, atmospheric and aqueous - brought about by scientific means
- Rutherford Memorial Medals (one in Chemistry and one in Physics) - For research in chemistry or physics - preference will be given to candidates under forty years old
- Sir John William Dawson Medal - For important contribution of knowledge in multiple domains.
Note: Chairs/Directors/Deans are invited to submit a pre-proposal form to Institutional Strategic Awards by the internal deadline of Janaury 23, 2019. Candidates will be recommended by the President's Advisory Committee on Awards, Honours and Prizes to proceed to full nomination with the assistance of Institutional Strategic Awards.
Agency Website: https://rsc-src.ca/en/awards-excellence
Technology | Research Tools | Psychology | Physics | Philosophy and Religious Studies | Medical and Health Science | Mathematics | Law and Legal Studies | Language, Communications and Culture | Information and Computing Science | Indigenous Studies | Human Society | History and Archaeology | Environmental Sciences | Engineering | Education | Economics | Earth Sciences | Chemistry | Business and Management | Built Environment and Design | Biology | Arts, Culture and Performance | Agricultural and Vet Science | Policy and Political Science