Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
CIHR Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (IHSPR) and CAHSPR Article of the Year Award
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research – Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (CIHR-IHSPR) and Canadian Association for Health Services and Policy Research (CAHSPR) hold an annual competition, Article of the Year, to recognize ground-breaking health services and policy research published in a peer-reviewed journal that has significantly contributed to the field of HSPR in Canada.
One (1) award will be granted to the lead author(s), valued at $10,000 - a research allowance to be used toward research and/or knowledge mobilization related activities. IHSPR and CAHSPR will jointly present and showcase this award at the annual CAHSPR conference and the recipient will have an opportunity to orally present their article at a live webinar hosted by IHSPR and CAHSPR after the conference.
This award is intended to recognize published research in a peer-reviewed journal that has significantly contributed to the advancement of the field of health services and policy research in Canada. The research article must report on original research conducted by the author (commentaries and editorials will not considered). Articles will be considered related to: research that demonstrates a clear or potential impact on policy, practice, or health outcomes (e.g., inform the design or implementation of health services policies or interventions, decision maker uptake, change management for improved practice); OR research that breaks ground in the way health services or policy research is conducted (e.g., innovations in methodology, novel theory or application of theory, new approaches to existing problems, new methods for engaging ‘hard-to-reach’ populations).
- The award will be granted to the lead author(s).
In the case where lead authorship is shared, the award will be shared equally between the authors.
- Lead author(s) of the article must have a primary appointment with a CIHR eligible institution or conducted the research at a Canadian institution.
- Lead author(s) can be Canadian citizens, a permanent resident or a citizen of another country.
- The article must be original research or original research synthesis and must have been published (i.e., published and accessible online, not accepted to be published at a future date) in a peer-reviewed journal between January 1, 2022, and February 13, 2023.
- At least one author of the article (lead or co-author) must be affiliated with a CIHR Eligible institution.
- Applicants may only submit one article per competition year.
- Applicants cannot have previously received the Article of the Year award.
Agency Website: https://cahspr.ca/community/article-of-the-year/