Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Canada-China Scholars' Exchange Program
The Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program awards Canadians short-term scholarships for studies, research, language studies or a combination of studies and language studies at participating Chinese institutions.
- be Canadian citizens;
- be either:
- a full-time professor or research staff at a recognized post-secondary education or research institution in Canada;
- a student enrolled in either a college, undergraduate or graduate program at a recognized post-secondary education institution in Canada; or
- a mid-career professional from a Canadian government, media or cultural organization, or national education association, who has a graduate (Master's or doctoral) degree and has managerial, policy development or decision making responsibilities for at least three years with the organization
- Language studies
- A combination of studies and language studies
Tuition fees at the institution;
A monthly stipend appropriate to the recipient’s status (approximate values):
- 3,000 Yuan for Master’s degree students/general scholars; and
- 3,500 Yuan for PhD students/senior scholars.
Duration: 8 weeks to 12 months for mid-career professionals and faculty members
Application and deadline:
The deadline to submit the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) online application is January 21, 2021, 11:59 p.m. EDT.
The deadline to receive the China Scholarship Council (CSC) online application form and supporting documentation by mail is January 21, 2021.
For faculty members only: SFU signature sheet and copy of full application are due to email@example.com no later than 3 business days before agency deadline.There is no overhead. Applicant (not ORS) submits application directly to agency.
Language, Communications and Culture | Medical and Health Science | Digital Technology Supercluster | Technology | Engineering | Information and Computing Science | Agricultural and Vet Science | Biology | Environmental Sciences | Earth Sciences | Chemistry | Physics | Mathematics | International Development | Policy and Political Science | Indigenous Studies | Philosophy and Religious Studies | History and Archaeology | Law and Legal Studies | Psychology | Human Society | Economics | Education | Built Environment and Design | Arts, Culture and Performance | Business and Management