Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
VPR Travel Grants, Social Sciences/Humanities, Pool 1 [April 1 through August 31] -Suspended Until Further Notice
Please be advised that with the evolving global situation involving COVID-19 that SFU has suspended its Travel Grants Program. We will send out an additional notification when the situation changes.
VP Research Travel Grants are provided for faculty in areas supported by SSHRC to attend conferences to present a paper (including the presentation of a poster in a poster session), to serve as a keynote speaker or in the case of faculty in the School for the Contemporary Arts, to present one’s own creative work to a peer group. See guidelines for details.
- Awards for North American travel to a Maximum of $900 and International travel to a Maximum of $2,000
- Pool 1 submissions are accepted April 1st through to August 31st or, until all available funds have been committed.
For more information on the program and its application process, please see the ORS Internal Grants Website.
Eligibility: Only open to eligible SFU faculty in whose research is in areas supported by SSHRC and who's conferences begin April 1 through August 31. Faculty members are only considered eligible to apply for one conference every second fiscal.
Note: The VPR Travel Grants program is administered by the Office of Research Services under authority of the Vice-President, Research and adjudicated by the Chair of the SFU/SSHRC Institutional Grants Committee. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policy and Political Science | Indigenous Studies | Philosophy and Religious Studies | History and Archaeology | Language, Communications and Culture | Law and Legal Studies | Human Society | Economics | Education | Arts, Culture and Performance | Business and Management