Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Big Ideas Canada
Weston Brain Institute has launched a new "Big Ideas" funding program (rolling deadline) to support $5-20M large scale research projects that have a significant and sustained impact on accelerating translational research on the development of therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases of aging.
Of particular interest are ideas that will establish Canada as the world leader in a particular area. Ideas do not need to be fully developed, but they will be evaluated on what outcomes will be achieved by the end of the project. High potential projects may also (but not necessarily):
- Be “flagship” projects for Canada,
- Provide a platform for Canadian researchers to be recognized internationally
- Bring international resources, people or organizations into Canadian-led work
- Bring additional funding or other resources if/as needed
Eligibility: Eligible Principal Applicants must be working in Canada at least 30% of the time at or above the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent, and be affiliated with a Canada Revenue Agency-qualified donee institution located in Canada. Co-Applicants/Collaborators must be at the post-doctoral level or above and can be working outside Canada.Applicants may appear in any role on any number of projects.
Note 2-stage application process: The submission will consist of a Letter of Intent (LOI) to outline the idea, primary purpose and potential impact of the project that will be reviewed by the Institute on a rolling basis. Depending on the content of the LOIs, applicants may be invited to submit a full application.
*SFU signature sheet is required only if invited to submit full application. When submitting full application, please send to ORS@sfu.ca 1) SFU signature sheet and 2) a copy of full application no later than three business days before you intend to submit. Overhead is 0%.