Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Griffith University and Simon Fraser University Collaborative Travel Grant
Griffith University and Simon Fraser University Collaborative Travel Grants are awarded for the purpose of expanding cooperation, exchange ideas and research collaborations between our two institutions in the following areas:
- Drug discovery
- Environmental sciences and environmental planning
- Forest ecology, forest management and climate change adaptation
- Behavioural and cognitive neuroscience
- Mental health and addiction
- Public health
- Bioinformatics and genomics
- Big Data
- and such other areas as the parties shall agree.
Priority will be given to applications in one or more of the disciplinary areas listed above.
- Eligibility: Each application must include a team of researchers with at least one researcher from each institution. Teams must include early career researchers as well as more experienced and senior researchers. Early career researchers are encouraged to be lead proponents of the proposal with a senior researcher acting as their mentor.
- Funding: Grants will normally be awarded in the range of $5,000 to $15,000 and should be directed principally at travel costs. Only those projects that involve post graduate students will be considered at the higher end of the funding range. Funding may also be used to undertake small scale projects which will provide the groundwork for larger scale external grant applications of publications in quality research outlets.
- Period: 18 months from award date.
- Griffith University and Simon Fraser University Collaborative Travel Grants opens July 22nd and accept submissions until October 4th, 4:30 pm (PST).
For more information on the program and its application process, please see the ORS Internal Grants Website.
Inquiries regarding application details such as research topics, eligibility, etc., can be sent to Zhaoying Hu (firstname.lastname@example.org) while inquiries pertaining to the application process, should be sent to Research Services (email@example.com).
Note: Funding for this competition is provided jointly by Simon Fraser and Griffith Universities. SFU applications are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology | Research Tools | Psychology | Policy and Political Science | Physics | Philosophy and Religious Studies | Medical and Health Science | Mathematics | Law and Legal Studies | Language, Communications and Culture | Information and Computing Science | Indigenous Studies | Human Society | History and Archaeology | Environmental Sciences | Engineering | Education | Economics | Earth Sciences | Digital Technology Supercluster | Chemistry | Business and Management | Built Environment and Design | Biology | Arts, Culture and Performance | Agricultural and Vet Science