Browse by topic
- View All
- Agricultural and Vet Science
- Arts, Culture and Performance
- Built Environment and Design
- Business and Management
- COVID-19 Related
- Digital Technology Supercluster
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- History and Archaeology
- Human Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computing Science
- International Development
- Language, Communications and Culture
- Law and Legal Studies
- Medical and Health Science
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Policy and Political Science
- Research Tools
Community Engagement Initiative (CEI) - Call for Proposals
SFU’s Community Engagement Initiative offers small grants to SFU faculty and staff to catalyze community-university impact through the practice of respectful, mutually-beneficial research, learning and creative activity. The average grant amount has been approximately $6,000 per funded initiative with projects supported each year in most faculties and in many departments. The maximum funding available is $10,000 per proposal.
The primary goal of the Initiative is to encourage the development of innovative projects that build new or deeper mutually beneficial partnerships with SFU’s communities, including non-profit organizations, industry associations, NGOs, Indigenous communities, and local, first nations, provincial and federal government departments. Proposals are requested for initiatives that advance the goals of SFU’s community engagement strategy and improve and expand SFU’s capabilities to engage with its communities through student experiential learning, knowledge mobilization and research.
- Application deadline is March 29, 2019.
- For more information on the guidelines and the application process, please visit https://www.sfu.ca/cei.html.
Please note that these grants are administrated through SFU's Community Engagement Initiative and not Research Services. No SFU Signature Sheet is required.
International Development | Policy and Political Science | Indigenous Studies | Philosophy and Religious Studies | History and Archaeology | Language, Communications and Culture | Law and Legal Studies | Psychology | Human Society | Economics | Education | Built Environment and Design | Research Tools | Arts, Culture and Performance | Business and Management